We only get charged the cost of the parts that are necessary to fix the problem
Last time my wife and I had a tune-up on the furnace, we found out that the carbon monoxide detector was defective. It was honestly one of the scariest things that I have ever heard. The heating and air conditioning service technician performed a full evaluation on the furnace. When he checked the carbon monoxide detector to make sure it would beep, nothing happened. The guy even changed the batteries, and the carbon monoxide detector still would not work. At that point, the heating and air conditioning service technician advised us to purchase a new detector. My wife and I were beside ourselves with horror. At any time the furnace could have started leaking gas into the air and our family could have been killed. We immediately purchased a new carbon monoxide detector from the company. The guy installed the machine at no charge, because we were having a tune-up service performed. That is one good thing that I like about the company and the yearly tune up service. If the service professional finds a problem and we have it fixed at that time, they do not charge us any extra labor. We only get charged the cost of the parts that are necessary to fix the problem. This was honestly one of the first times that we ever ran into an issue. The technician assured us that there were no issues with the furnace and the glitch with the carbon monoxide detector was simply due to the age of the machine. I still think we need a back up system in the basement.